Sunday, November 1, 2009

TYPOGRAPHY 3: Project 3; Russel Wright Spreads & Dust Jacket Concept

Below are the revised spreads for my Russel Wright book, I worked on tightening up the copy, working with all the titles, adding heads and sub-heads, developing consistency with margins (top, bottom, outside), and I also worked with some plate spreads that utilized multiple smaller images versus larger, bleed images.

With my jacket concept, I worked with high contrast and simplicity; with the images, basic title type, and the white background. I also integrated a unique crop to the images in which they overlap to the flaps on the jacket and are revealed inside.

PROGRESS:




 






 

COMPOSITIONS:

 

jacket concept (above)

 
 
 bibliography spreads (above)
 
 contents (above)
 
 copyright spread (above)
 
 full title (above)
 
 half-title (above)
 


essay spreads (above)

No comments:

Post a Comment