Friday, April 23, 2010

Info Arch P2: The Collection | Design Progress

I have been reworking my design with a focus on aesthetics and functionality, and a big part of that goes towards the navigation. I am playing off the scoreboard/stats motif and I am working to better establish that relationship both in creating functional navigation and aesthetically effective elements. With this I have come to a solution that splits my three sorting methods, basically they can be sorted from beginning to end or end to beginning. I have also reworked the 'clunky-ness' of the top nav and I am definitely getting close to having that established. Also, I have worked with finding a workable rendering method, one that creates more dimension to the flat cards...its coming along.

nav progress (above + below)

Here I am trying to work with the old/vintage scoreboards which had numbers and words manually placed into, essentially, cut-outs. The more difficult part is trying to give it that look without giving the appearance of layered shapes...I may explore some texture there. (above)

Working with other variations for rendering, I am making progress but not yet sure if I have found a solid solution, Although, I do like the front and back propped out and facing each other...could play with scale here as well. (above)

No comments:

Post a Comment