Friday, May 14, 2010

Info Arch P2: The Collection | Final Website Design

Although the collection website is not entirely fleshed out, the semester is coming to a close...we can call this the "Final In-progress Design". Throughout this course I have learned so much in terms of the structure, organization, visualization, and hierarchy of information; not to mention the technical development that made these ideas come to life.

My collection site, I feel, embodies the personality of the trading cards themselves as well as the mentality I had during the age that I was avidly collecting these cards. The conceptual play off the scoreboard and grid system and how they pertain to numbers, abbreviations, and statistics really brings fourth the essence and simplicity of the sport and collection. In regards to the information graphics, I have decided to take them beyond the collection and focus on the sport, although some will give emphasis upon the collection and the statistics within it. As the site is not entirely fleshed out, I have some room to work and re-work the macro, info graphic views. So, I plan on expanding the site beyond its existing state over the summer to have a fully functioning, refined, polished site. Take a look at what I have so far...

The site is live here.













No comments:

Post a Comment