Monday, January 31, 2011

DEGREE PROJECT | Experiments 02 – Questionnaire Statistics

I have compiled statistics from students at KCAI based upon the questionnaire I developed. Some assumptions hold true while others have been proven to be wrong and there are a few that are perhaps too close to determine. In total I received responses from 28 students here at KCAI, so far, but I am hoping they will continue to trickle in. I was thrilled to see the response within the first hour and through out the night.

This does spark an interesting idea that could lend itself to my final project...if college campuses / student body's are my target, a way to personalize the campaign / advocacy effort would be to produce something directly from their input. The questions might be refined to help better determine certain areas where information / education / resources are lacking, perhaps? Hmm...


01. When you think of cancer do you think "that could never happen to me"?

YES – IIIII  (05)
NO – IIIII  IIIII  IIIII  IIIII  III (23)


02. Between the ages of 18 and 23 is being diagnosed with cancer even something you consider?

YES – IIIII  IIIII  IIIII  I  (16)
NO – IIIII  IIIII  (10)
MAYBE – II  (02)



03. Do you often ignore subtle changes in heath (cold symptoms, aches & pains, headaches) and rarely seek a doctor because you are too busy or not worried? What if they persist? 

IGNORE – IIIII  IIIII  I  (11)
IF IT PERSISTS – IIIII  IIII  (09)
IMMEDIATE ACTION – III  (03)
IF IT GETS WORSE – III  (03)
BLAME ON STRESS – II  (02)
UNUSUAL ACHE OR PAIN – II  (02)



04. Do you regularly get a check-up at your doctor? Is general health maintenance something you apply a significant focus to?


REGULAR CHECKUP – IIIII  IIIII  III  (13)
OCCASIONAL CHECKUP –(00)
NO – IIIII  IIIII  IIIII  (15)



05. Are you currently enrolled in a health insurance program; your own or your parents?


PARENTS – IIIII  IIIII  IIIII  IIIII  I  (21)
SCHOOL – IIII  (04)
PERSONAL – I  (01)
NONE – II  (02)


06. Would you consider lifestyle choices such as nutrition, exercise, alcohol, and smoking to contribute to cancer?

YES – IIIII  IIIII  IIIII  II  (17)
NO – I  (01)
UNSURE – IIIII  (05)
SMOKING – IIIII  I  (06)
DRINKING – I  (01)



07. What do you think causes cancer?

EVERYTHING – IIIII  IIII  (09)
SUN EXPOSURE – I  (01)
SMOKING –I  (01)
GENETICS – IIIII  IIIII  II  (12)
HEREDITARY – I  (01)
UNSURE – IIIII  I  (06)
ENVIRONMENT – IIII  (04)
STRESS – III  (03)
LIFESTYLE – I  (01)

No comments:

Post a Comment